Below is a list of links to genealogical societies, archives and registers, research institutions, libraries, museums, and much more.
We are not responsible for the content of these sites. Please let us know if a link doesn't work or if you find not confidential content on one site, so that we can repair or delete the link.
- Heraldic-Genealogical-Societies (5)
- Libraries (2)
- Public Record Offices (6)
- Record Offices Austria (10)
- Museums (2)
- Genealogical Resources (2)
- Austrian History (9)
- Registers (7)
- Cementries (6)
- Parishes (3)
- Maps (1)
- Books Online (3)
- Adressbooks (2)
- Private Collections (1)
You can find the Heraldic-Genealogical Society "ADLER" at:
The Library is open on Wednesdays from 5 to 7 pm.
In addition to its Library, the ADLER Society has in its possession certainly the most significant Collection of Obituaries and Memorial Cards that exists in Austria. It contains approximately a half-million alphabetically-sorted death notices and other family news (mostly engagement notices). The German-language name of the Collection ("Partezettelsammlung") is derived from the traditional Austrian word for a death notice ("Parte"), which comes from the Latin "partir" and Italian "partire", which translate into English as "to depart". Currently, there are a number of projects underway to both compile an index of the Collection and to scan these invaluable historical papers.
The Collection was begun at the end of the 19th century and contains notices from the early Biedermeier period (1790-1800) until today. Since then, some private collections have been added to the Collection, bringing to it death notices from newspapers that approximately cover the timeframe of 1923 to 1938.
The ADLER has also started significant collections of letters of nobility, seals, and seal impressions.
- Adler Bibliothek (im Aufbau) - Inhalt - Bibliothekskarteibilder (Zettelkatalog)
- Index "Wer einmal war" (Buch von Georg Gaugusch)
- Index Verzeichnis der Verstorbenen der Stadt Wien
- Index Adelige im Verzeichnis der Verstorbenen in Wien
- Index Namenabfrage zur Signatur G-108./G-120. Stammtafeln (siehe auch oben unter Bibliothek bzw. Inhalt)
- Index Generalnamenregister zum Wiener Genealogischen Taschenbuch
- Adler Lexikon Adelsbegriffe (von Dr. Georg Frölichsthal)